Job Opening: Cell Tower Technician 1, 2, 3 & 4
RAI Wireless LLC (RAIW) is a wireless construction company based outside of Philadelphia in Sewell, NJ, with a satellite office near New York City in Fairfield, NJ. RAIW regional footprint blankets the entire Northeast.
RAIW is a subsidiary of one of the top three commercial electrical contractors in New Jersey, Ray Angelini, Inc. (RAI®). RAI was founded in 1974 and is a commercial electrical contractor, solar provider and wireless construction company.
RAIW is looking for local candidates seeking long term, steady employment with an established company. RAIW is a zero tolerance drug free company. Safety and the employees’ well being is the top priority. Prior to employment, all prospects are required to have a drug screen, full background checks, and a DOT physical.
RAIW offers above average pay, full benefits (medical, dental), 401k with match, and paid vacation and holidays. A sign on bonus is available to the right candidate.
Tower Technician 1:
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower modifications & erects new towers
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and mechanical equipment
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action
- Communicating orally and in writing
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned tasks as instructed
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner
- Work under close supervision
- Have ability to travel, as required, for job related functions
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Clean background
- Drug free
- Reliable and hard worker
- Up to 1 year experience
Tower Technician 2:
- All of the requirements of a Tech 1 plus
- 1-3 years’ experience
Tower Technician 3 (Top Hand):
- All of the requirements of a Tech 1 and 2 plus:
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Run jobs under direct supervision of the Foreman from top side of the wireless structure
- Extensive knowledge of wireless construction installation practices and procedures for all Wireless carriers
- Sweep, Fiber and PIM testing experience
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew
- Extensive knowledge of wireless construction rigging practices
- Microwave experience a plus
Tower Technician 4 (Foreman):
- All of the requirements of a Tech 1, 2 and 3 plus:
- 5+ years’ experience
- Oversee the daily operations at assigned job sites
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by the Project Manager
- Lead a crew of 3 to 6 tower techs
- Manage subcontractors and materials delivery
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train / promote learning to all crew members
- Must be able to provide, record and manage job site closeout and safety paperwork
- Assess, maintain, and enforce a safe working environment at all times as per company and Governmental policies and regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above average computer skills
RAI is a commercial electrical contracting, multi-entity firm and solar provider. Founded in 1974 by Raymond J. Angelini, RAI provides services for all the electrical needs of commercial clients, including: power systems testing and commissioning; industrial electric services and special products design; utilities services; renewable energy services; energy efficiency programs; solar energy system preventive maintenance programs; and communications and cellular tower construction/maintenance, communications radios/antennas, and structured cabling.
The foundation of RAI is a strong Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy. It establishes the belief that employee safety is a core value, inseparable from our mission “To be the Solution for All of Your Electrical Needs” and we foster a culture of safety for our employees, contractors and key partners. “Our employees are expected to adhere to all safety requirements to ensure that we maintain a commitment to excellence in everything we do”. Our EHS Policies are designed to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, no matter where they work, and safety is regularly monitored.
RAI offers competitive salary and benefits. For more information and to apply, please forward a current resume to: Career@raiservices.com